Google ads for private investigator "enabling dishonest behavior"

GeorgeD
New user
New user

Google ads for private investigator "enabling dishonest behavior"

Post by GeorgeD »

Is anyone else having this issue where Google ads for a private investigation business keep getting pulled for "enabling dishonest behaviour"? I appealed it, appeal refused. Then I contact Google support and get a canned response after 5 days telling me to wait while they review it, after 4 more days they review it and allow the ad. Then I make a tiny change to the ad, and it gets removed for "enabling dishonest behaviour", appeal it, appeal refused, contact support for another canned response, wait again, then eventually it gets approved again.

Any tiny change to the ad will just get it pulled for "enabling dishonest behaviour". And I have to repeat this same process over and over and over.

I tried to ask Google if they can flag my account to stop this from happening but they just send patronising canned responses each time and a link to their policies. Is there any way to fix this problem?

It even says on Google ads policy "This does not include (a) private investigation services" - but I keep getting blocked over and over and over and over. This is wasting my time and preventing me from advertising my business.

The most frustrating part is that I'm spending my money with Google ads, I'm sitting here and taking a lot of time to configure the ad, and then it gets blocked by some algorithm, and all Google give me is 5 seconds for some guy in India to send the same canned response each time. If a human actually read my ad for 20 seconds then they would see that I am abiding by their policy. I am a private investigation business and so the policy does not apply to me.

This is incredibly frustrating.
richmondPI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Google ads for private investigator "enabling dishonest behavior"

Post by richmondPI »

GeorgeD wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:10 pm This is incredibly frustrating.
I have been running into this problem and agree totally. Are they ever going to fix this?