Suggestions on how to track down truck hit and run?

wires382
New User
New User

Suggestions on how to track down truck hit and run?

Post by wires382 »

I was in an accident last Friday on Interstate 73 southbound in Asheboro, NC when a tractor trailer changed lanes and hit me behind the driver side back wheel flipping me around 180 degrees in front of him, across both lanes and into a guard rail. I was not hurt but the truck (the driver had to have known he hit me) drove off. A witness followed him and got the trailer license number but highway patrol said the number belongs to an EZ Loader boat trailer and its owner does not have a commercial drivers license so they think she got the number wrong. They tried 200+ permutations of the license number reported (red and white license - CK-38600) but didn't come up with anything. The witness reported it was a burgundy sleeper cab with gold decals.

Any suggestions on how to track down the truck that hit me?

UPDATE: Police went by the house of the person associated with that license tag, talked to him and were shown a smaller tilt trailer with that tag number on it and it was not the type of trailer that would be hooked to the back of a semi. So apparently the witness did get the number wrong.

Any9ne know of a way to do wildcard searches to look for variations of this tag on all state databases at once? e.g. ?K-38600, C?-38600, CK-?8600 etc
richmondPI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Suggestions on how to track down truck hit and run?

Post by richmondPI »

Maybe you can take the witness to a hypnotist to get hypnotized and they can get the correct license plate number out of them.
OR
Maybe you could hold a piece of paper on the place where the truck hit your car. Rub a pencil on it to reveal the license plate number