Alternatives to FreelanceSecurity.com?

richmondPI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Alternatives to FreelanceSecurity.com?

Post by richmondPI »

Does anyone else remember FreelanceSecurity.com? It used to be a good resource for finding private investigators and outsourcing detective/security work. I always found it interesting to browse the outstanding jobs posted on there.

FreelanceSecurity.com was online from around 2003 but went offline several years ago and has not come back since.

I was wondering if there is a newer alternative to it or anything else like it that people are using nowadays?
Sysop
Site Admin
Site Admin
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Alternatives to FreelanceSecurity.com?

Post by Sysop »

Yes, I remember. Private Investigator Forums can be used in much a similar way; simply create a thread requesting whatever service you require and other users will be able to send you a private message. Of course, P.I.F. accepts no liability or responsibility for agreements which you make with third parties, and you should always perform suitable due diligence before deciding to proceed with a transaction.
richmondPI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by richmondPI »

Sysop wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:44 pm Yes, I remember. Private Investigator Forums can be used in much a similar way; simply create a thread requesting whatever service you require and other users will be able to send you a private message. Of course, P.I.F. accepts no liability or responsibility for agreements which you make with third parties, and you should always perform suitable due diligence before deciding to proceed with a transaction.
So what are the limitations of that? Can I make a thread just advertising my P.I. business with my contact details and website address? Would that be OK?
Sysop
Site Admin
Site Admin
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Sysop »

richmondPI wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:33 pm
Sysop wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:44 pm Yes, I remember. Private Investigator Forums can be used in much a similar way; simply create a thread requesting whatever service you require and other users will be able to send you a private message. Of course, P.I.F. accepts no liability or responsibility for agreements which you make with third parties, and you should always perform suitable due diligence before deciding to proceed with a transaction.
So what are the limitations of that? Can I make a thread just advertising my P.I. business with my contact details and website address? Would that be OK?
We have a private messaging system here on P.I.F. Anyone can signup for an account and then send a private message; or, users can also view each other's profiles and the contact details specified therein.

If you would like to create a thread in order to advertise your own business, or post links to your own website, etcetera, then you will need to become a sponsored member in order to do this. Please feel free to send me a private message for more information.
bob
Captain
Captain

Post by bob »

Freelance-security.net was another site that is no longer around.
richmondPI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by richmondPI »

bob wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:52 am Freelance-security.net was another site that is no longer around.
There have been many different sites over the years