What information can I find about a UK car number plate?

Mickie
Regular
Regular

What information can I find about a UK car number plate?

Post by Mickie »

What type of info can private investigators find from a car number plate? Is it possible to find the owner's name/address from the number plate?
Marksman
Regular
Regular

Re: What information can I find about a UK car number plate?

Post by Marksman »

The owner's details are not public information. You can check if a vehicle is taxed and MOTd on the Gov.uk website. There is also askMID for checking whether the vehicle features in the Motor Insurance Database (MID). You can request the owner's details from the DVLA, however they will only help in certain cases - such as if you are involved in an accident and need to identify the owner of the vehicle, or if you need to issue the owner with a parking ticket... They won't give out information to you without good reason.
Mickie
Regular
Regular

Post by Mickie »

Marksman wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:39 am The owner's details are not public information. You can check if a vehicle is taxed and MOTd on the Gov.uk website. There is also askMID for checking whether the vehicle features in the Motor Insurance Database (MID). You can request the owner's details from the DVLA, however they will only help in certain cases - such as if you are involved in an accident and need to identify the owner of the vehicle, or if you need to issue the owner with a parking ticket... They won't give out information to you without good reason.
That's very helpful thanks.
Sysop
Site Admin
Site Admin
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Sysop »

Great info Marksman! :thumbsup: